Sunday, October 30, 2011

VICTORIA'S HISTORIC INNS

Albion Manor, Victoria, BC
Albion Manor
I push open the door and the scent of beeswax and fresh flowers transports me to an era when the pace was slower and life more gracious. The innkeeper welcomes me with a pot of tea and freshly baked scones, while explaining that the resident ghost is friendly.

I spent four days in early September enjoying three of the seven historic inns, the slow food scene, and food and wine producers in and around Victoria, British Columbia. The first article about my experiences is published at The Travel Lady at http://www.travellady.com /Issues/Sep2011/victoria.htm.

This is a good opportunity for me to thank the innkeepers and staff at Abbeymoore Manor, the Beaconsfield Inn, Albion Manor, and Prior House Inn for their hospitality and assistance, as well as Peter Hunt of Victoria Spirits, Kristen Jordan of Sea Cider Farm and Ciderhouse, and Geoff Parker and Anna Hunt of Paprika Bistro for giving their time, expertise, and products. I appreciated all of you.

A flight of dry ciders at Sea Cider
IMAGES: (c) Julie H. Ferguson 2011

 Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment